The Liebster Award
I would like to thank Tuva Mossin who has nominated me for the Liebster award. I know I probably won’t win, but I think it’s a nice way to introduce the real side of me to all of you.
This works like a chain letter, from one blogger to another blogger, and on and on… The goal of this award is to highlight blogs with fewer than 200 followers that are up and coming. Encouraging people to visit blogs that others enjoy seems like a great initiative. Liebster means “dearest” in German and this award was started by a German blogspot blogger in 2010. The rules for the award are pretty straightforward:
1. Post eleven facts about yourself
2. Answer the questions from the person who nominated you
3. Invent eleven questions to ask the people you have nominated for the award
4. Choose eleven people (with fewer than 200 followers) to nominate for the award and link to them in your post
5. Go to their blog and tell them
1. Eleven facts about me:
1. I’m studying in Fashion Merchandising Management in FIT. It is an art school, but I CAN’T draw, I can doodle only.
2. I live with my Chihuahua called Charcoal, he’s the love of my life. I got him when I was in LA.
3. I love Ray Ban’s aviators, so classy yet stylish.
4. I went to an all girls’ Catholic school from Grade 1- 9.
5. Tennis is my favorite sport, I have been playing it since 12.
6. I have a mean New Yorker face, but I have a warm Californian heart. ( Don’t be scared, I won’t bite)
7. I believe in Karma. You get what you give.
8. I don’t like to drink water, so I put fruits into it to make it more tasteful. (My friends call it spa water.)
9. My dad forced me to have short hair until I was 6 years old. His theory was that I was too young to take care of myself, let alone take care of my hair. (Girls in my kindergarten didn’t want to hang out with me because I had short hair, so I was always running around with the boys. Probably that’s why I’m pretty athletic now. Thanks Dad, but your theory is slightly flawed.)
10. I love traveling.
11. Chocolate is my frenemy. It’s bad for my diet, but I absolutely crave for it when it’s THAT time of the month. (okay, that might just be an excuse)
2. Questions from my nominator
These are the questions from my nominator, Tuva Mossin. Thanks again for nominating me (:
1. If you could travel back in time – where would you go, and why?
If I could travel back in time, I would want to see my grandparents from my dad’s side. Unfortunately, they both passed away when I was very young, and I don’t remember spending time with them. I would really want to get to know them and hear about their experiences from the past.
2. Who is your biggest style icon?
I don’t have a style icon. I’m attracted to what people are wearing, but not how they mix and match. I like the Olsen Twin’s style sometimes.
3. Whose life would you pick if you could switch lives with any person in the world?
I’m very satisfied and grateful with my life and I can’t think of anyone I would switch with. Celebrities or billionaires still have problems and stress in their lives, sometimes ones that are even more overwhelming than what I deal with.
4. Who is the most inspiring person you have ever met?
My dad has always been the person who inspires and motivates me. He taught me a lot of morals and Chinese philosophy when I was young, so that I could apply them into my everyday life when I grew up. One of the saying I live by is 一勤天下無難事 (Translation: Nothing is impossible when you’re a hard worker).
5. What kind of music do you listen to?
Whatever is playing in the clubs, usually electronic and house music.
6. What items do you usually carry in your purse?
Ray Ban aviators, chapstick, headphones and a card holder: Metro card, credit card, ID and some cash. Well, and my phone, duh.
7. How is your perfect Saturday night?
There’s no typical perfect Saturday night, I’m full of surprises (:
8. What are the top three items on your wish list right now?
Hermes Birkin, Aston martin DB9, and a Private Jet please (: (Dream big or go home, right?!)
9. What are you going to do in the summer?
I’m going to work at an internship in June. Then I’m planning to go to Cali and Vegas in July with Camille. And then going to Miami with my parents for a cruise trip. (I’m so excited, it’s the first time they’re coming to visit me in NYC!)
10. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I’ll stay in New York City. It’s the best place ever. I’m very content with my lifestyle here.
11. Where do you see – or hope to see – yourself in ten years?
I hope I will have a well-known and established brand, and I better be married to my Prince Charming by then too.
3. My questions
I’m interested in knowing you too! It would be nice if you have time to reply these questions.
1. What is your all time favorite clothing/accessory?
2. If you can get an exotic animal as your pet, what would you choose?
3. If you got the chance to meet someone in particular (living or dead), who would it be? Why?
4. Where would you want to visit this summer?
5. If E channel or Bravo gives you an opportunity to create a show, what would it be and what would you name it?
6. What is your favorite quote?
7. What is your favorite food?
8. Who do you like to wear?
9. If you were thrown onto an island (like the TV series Lost) with nothing and no one on it, and you could only bring one thing with you, what would it be?
10. What is your favorite scent for candles?
11. What is one of the things that absolutely creeps you out?
My high school friend, Mika, (all the way on the right) came to visit me last weekend. I brought her along with few girl friends to the Jane Hotel. It’s a really fun and causal lounge. Special Thanks to Mika who helped me proof read 😛
I will be traveling to California to visit my friends and family tomorrow. More tan for me hehehe 😀
There are braces for crooked teeth, surgery for stretch marks, and make-up for blemishes. But there is nothing in the world that can fix an ugly heart.